- How much equipment would I need to bring to a location?
- How many students are expected?
- Do you have an indoor location big enough for your participants?
- Are there enough tables and chairs?
- Do you have access to water, sinks and your own steamers or big pots?
- Is there electrical power?
- A place I can stay?
- Available dates?
- Ecoprinting on leather-Learn the correct leathers, techniques, processing and finishing a piece. Workshops in this are 2-4 days
- Ecoprint on Paper and Bookmaking-Ecoprint on paper and make a book. Often used in conjunction with leather ecoprinting
- Ecoprint on Silk and WOOL-a very popular class! All Natural
- Learn to Ecoprint! The perfect introduction class to the outdoor world of plants and Ecoprinting!
- Ecoprint in Color using Blankets-Add a little pizzazz to your ecoprinted silk (or wool)
- Silk painting-learning to hand draw, then paint on silk
- Indigo dyeing-making a vat and working with various fibers and designs.
- Large scale Ecoprinting and Color work .Work on large pieces of Silk and use a dye blanket to achieve colors.
- Needle felting on Ecoprinted silk to make a wallhanging
- Easy dye silk scarves-a popular group class for all ages
Ask me about both Natural and low impact Synthetic Dyes!
What Do I teach besides Fiber Arts?
Oh my, both my artist Hubby Stephen Filasky and I have been self employed most of our lives as artists versed in Portraits (my specialty) in all mediums from pencils to pastels to oils! Steve is known for his Plein Air landscapes in oils and his goldleaf lettering and design! Many of our popular group workshops are “How to” in acrylics. We created a number of “How to” videos with the art supplier Jerrysartarama as well as numerous workshops in painting. So sure, if adding some painting is in your agenda, we would love to share what hundreds of students have learned from us!